Arizona Finance Director
Position: Finance Director
Reports To: Executive Director
About the position: The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP) is seeking a passionate, outgoing Finance Director. The Finance Director will, in tandem with the Executive Director, craft the ADP fundraising plans and oversee the implementation and management of finance staff. The Finance Director will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining excellent relationships with current and potential donors to expand our ability to compete in local, state, and national campaigns.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Party leadership and staff to write and implement ongoing finance plans to raise the Coordinated Campaign and State Party budgets;
- Supervise and coach finance staff to meet goals;
- Coordinate and maintain candidate, officer, partner, and staff call-time schedule;
- Maintain proper materials for call-time and follow-up;
- Plan, manage, and recruit for small and large fundraising events including two yearly dinners;
- Recruit and manage finance committee members;
- Create fundraising materials;
- Ensure database integrity for regular correspondence and reporting;
- Assist the Campaign and State Party in remaining compliant with all state and federal finance laws.
- Minimum of two to three years of related fundraising experience with a state or national committee, political campaign, or non-profit organization;
- Have a clear understanding of campaign finance laws to guide planning, and staff;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to work long irregular hours including travel in and out of state;
- Experience with small, mid, and large event/project planning.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position will include medical and vision insurance benefits at no cost to the Finance Director.
Please email Stan Williams at Operations@AZDem.org your one-page resume summary, and three references as one attachment with “Finance Director” in the subject line. In lieu of a formal cover letter please include in the body of your email one to two paragraphs on why you are applying for this position and how your skills meet the description above.
Direct any questions to Operations@AZDem.org
The Arizona Democratic Party, (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff. ADP is an equal opportunity employer, and it is ADP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sexual orientation/identity/expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, marital or military service status including membership in the national Guard, or any other legally protected status. Protected status may also include an individual’s marriage to or association with someone with any status listed above.